Our team has substantial experience of advising on multi-jurisdictional and domestic commercial fraud matters. Our team is regularly instructed to advise on claims in deceit, breaches of fiduciary duty, misfeasance, conspiracy and breach of trust – and we obtain and challenge domestic and worldwide freezing injunctions as well as search orders.
One area we particularly excel at is managing and co-ordinating proceedings in numerous jurisdictions, making use of the extensive relationships we have built up with overseas lawyers.
Our experience includes:
- Orb A.R.L. & Ors v Ruhan & Ors  - advising the administrators in respect of a claim in excess of £100 million against former directors and shadow directors of the companies.
- Lakatamia Shipping v Nobu Su & Ors  - acting for the defendants in an appeal relating to the assets of holding companies, investment vehicles and other corporate structures wholly owned by the defendant adversely affected by the freezing injunction.
- Acting for the defendants in respect of a claim for over US$15 million relating to warranties given in a share sale in which misrepresentation and fraud were in issue.
- Acting for a Chinese client defrauded in a Hong Kong investment scheme of US$10m.
- Acting for a multinational business in respect of a substantial fraud committed by its Financial Director.
- Acting for a prestigious scientific research business over a bank account fraud.
- Acting for a pan-European business over the theft of significant sums of money by an employee.
- Obtaining freezing injunctions against former employees of a major property company arising from their fraudulent diversion away of its business.
Make an enquiry
Unique insights straight from the experts.