I have always had a passion for technology and IP. These two areas are intertwined.
Half of my career has been spent working in-house for technology companies, helping them bring products to market, and guiding both management and engineers towards the right outcome. The other half of my career has been spent advocating for clients in court or in negotiations as a practising lawyer.
My experience as a technology and IP lawyer has been recognized by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific publication in which I was named a leading individual in both Intellectual Property (IP) Law and Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) Law in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
If you have a knotty problem, I am sure that I will be able to help you in a cost effective and practical manner.
My interest in technology started from the era of the CP/M operating system, and eventually lead to my working for IBM and subsequently Microsoft. Bookending my time with technology companies, I was a lawyer in private practice focusing largely on IP litigation.
Although I am admitted in England and Wales, Washington state and Singapore, I practise law only in Singapore at Taylor Vinters Via LLC.
In the areas of IP and technology my focus is on:
- Software development and licensing
- Cloud applications
- Cyber security
- Brand protection
As a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and Singapore Institute of Arbitrators, I am a strong proponent of allowing IP and technology disputes go to arbitration.
As a lawyer with extensive experience, I have developed an ability to see the strategic picture, to understand the technology and to counsel clients. The best solution isn’t always the most expensive advice. Often, practical and clear guidance is the best solution.
When I represent clients, I am a strong advocate for their interests, but not to the extent that their cause is prejudiced. I try to bring the perspective of balance to negotiations or litigation.
I also love analog devices such as my fountain pens.
Professional bodies and associations
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) – IP arbitrator
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) – IP arbitrator
Read more about Taylor Vinters Via here.
What's Bryan said?
- Exactly my sentiments. Happy to open any wine I’ve kept ages so long as I have someone to share it with. https://t.co/PbFjZR7fzU@bghows · Mar 18
- During these crazy times, turning back the clock isn't necessarily a bad thing. https://t.co/smimmMvGiH@bghows · Mar 8
- Watching Tan Ying Hsien MW conduct a MW prep tasting. https://t.co/hs3fgXv8qj@bghows · Mar 4