I have always had a passion for technology and IP. These two areas are intertwined.
Half of my career was spent working in-house for technology companies, helping them bring products to market, and guiding both management and engineers towards the right outcome. The other half of my career was advocating for clients in court or in negotiations as a practising lawyer.
My experience as a technology and IP lawyer has been recognized by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific publication where I was named a leading individual in both Intellectual Property (IP) Law and Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) Law in 2016 and 2017.
If you have a knotty problem, I am sure that I will be able to help you in a cost effective and practical manner.
My interest in technology started from the era of the CP/M operating system, and eventually lead to my working for IBM and subsequently Microsoft. Bookending my time with technology companies, I was a lawyer in private practice focusing largely on IP litigation.
Although I am admitted in England and Wales, Washington state and Singapore, I practice law only in Singapore at Taylor Vinters Via LLC.
In the areas of IP and technology my focus is on:
- Software development and licensing
- Cloud applications
- Cyber security
- Brand protection
As a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and Singapore Institute of Arbitrators, I am a strong proponent of having IP and technology disputes go to arbitration.
As a lawyer with extensive experience, I have developed an ability to see the strategic picture, to understand the technology, and to counsel clients. The best solution isn’t always the most expensive advice. Often times, practical and clear guidance is the best solution.
When I represent clients, I am a strong advocate for their interests, but not to the extent that their cause is prejudiced. I try to bring the perspective of balance to negotiations or litigation.
I also love analog devices such as my fountain pens.
Professional bodies and associations
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) – IP arbitrator
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) – IP arbitrator
Read more about Taylor Vinters Via here.
What's Bryan said?
- Attended a lovely and educational Hospices de Beaune tasting by @justjasper https://t.co/N0SzTRAD0c@bghows · Nov 3
- It’s a strange @Starbucks when only @Windows computers are used by customers@bghows · Nov 3
- Had the 1985 #ducrubeaucaillou last month and it was just sweet and refined. https://t.co/H7bsjzYgZy@bghows · Oct 24