Charlie is an experienced corporate lawyer with a particular interest in IP-driven businesses and those who invest in them.
Charlie deals primarily with corporate sales, acquisitions, corporate restructuring, venture capital and growth capital financing – with a particular emphasis on innovative fast growth industry sectors.
As well as acting for some fantastic companies, Charlie also acts for a range of institutional investment funds and is highly regarded in the private equity and venture capital world.
Charlie has been with Taylor Vinters since 2013, having previously worked at Eversheds LLP and Taylor Wessing LLP since his admission as a solicitor in 2004. Charlie is a graduate of Cambridge University and holds a post graduate diploma in law from City, University of London.
Charlie has spent time on client secondment, working client side on a range of commercial and corporate matters, both with PA Consulting Group and with National Grid.
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Investment;
- Premium Angel Investment matters (including SEIS and EIS transactions);
- Acting for Corporate/ Strategic Investors;
- Working with Companies to structure and close their fundraising rounds;
- Delivering Exit Transactions, including trade sales and secondary transfers;
- Buy-side M&A Transactions, in particular in IP-rich sectors;
- Capital Restructuring; and
- International Corporate Structures.
In doing so, Charlie has developed excellent networks in a diverse range of sectors, including biotechnology, healthcare, agritech, SaaS, e-commerce, fintech, energy efficiency and leisure. He has also been working recently with a number of companies with cross industry big data and AI propositions.
Charlie combines his big-picture strategic oversight with technical sharpness and diligent attention to detail. This skill set enables Charlie to provide commercial legal input at every stage in the journey of a fast-growing business.
In his free time, Charlie enjoys being outdoors and in particular will take any opportunity to go hiking, biking and wild camping with his young family.