I am a partner in the Emerging Companies team and my expertise is in working with young technology companies, entrepreneurs and the people who invest in them. Their passion for what they do is infectious, and their courage and ambition inspire and humble me in equal measure.
I am a lawyer by training, but my goal is for my clients to never think of me that way. I want them to see me as an extension of their internal team, a part of their business like any other. I have deep knowledge of the sector in which I operate, and an extensive network of contacts in the industry, but the aspect of my professional practice of which I am most proud is the nature of my relationships with my clients.
I joined Taylor Vinters as a trainee in 2009, qualified into the Commercial & Technology team to work with early stage technology companies in 2011, and was promoted to Senior Associate in 2015. I became a Partner in 2017. I oversee pastoral support and provide supervision for our trainees, am part of the firm’s graduate recruitment group and actively participate in the management of the Emerging Companies team.
I advise my clients on a full range of corporate and commercial matters, such as:
- venture capital and angel investments
- technology transfer transactions including corporate and academic spin-outs
- share option schemes, with particular expertise in Enterprise Management Incentives
- technology licences across all sectors, with extensive experience in licensing software and software development kits to some of the largest businesses in the world
- corporate governance, shareholders’ agreements and articles of association
- intellectual property exploitation and protection
I am ruthlessly pragmatic and focused on commercial outcomes for my clients, to which end I use my significant experience working for early stage technology companies to identify practical solutions to legal matters. I have intimate knowledge of market trends and norms which I use to help to narrow transactional issues, and an extensive network from which I can make introductions to investors and advisors who can help my clients to succeed.
One thing you may not know about me is that I am an avid fan of the San Francisco 49ers, and spend much of the winter months watching the NFL. Combined with my love of football and cricket, there is little of my spare time that is not spent playing or watching sport.