I am a pragmatic, commercial lawyer with detailed knowledge of charities and charity law, and broad experience of regulated sectors more generally. Clients appreciate my strategic, risk-based approach and my clear and thoughtful advice.
I know the Charity Commission inside out, and can help you understand and navigate the evolving rules and best practices of charity law and regulation – including the latest regulatory developments in safeguarding, fundraising, data protection and collaboration.
I have a particular interest in the future of charities, social ventures and philanthropy at a time of technological and social changes, and I would love to help you explore the opportunities and challenges these present for you and your organisation.
I joined Taylor Vinters because of its innovative and international perspective and its friendly people. I’m delighted to be able to help connect charities and social ventures with our wider team of bright, committed specialists. Together, we can help you with your most complex, most innovative projects such as:
- Ethics and transparency – opening up while protecting the organisation
- Brand monitoring and protection, combining charity and intellectual property law
- Collaborating with others – charities, social ventures and commercial partners
- Working internationally, including sanctions, payment systems and new reporting requirements
- Developing digital products and services for beneficiaries
- Strategic management of internal and external investigations and litigation
- Developing practical new policies for data protection, safeguarding
- Guiding businesses and individuals on effective giving structures
Before joining Taylor Vinters, I was a senior lawyer at the Charity Commission and a member of its leadership team, working on the most complex and high risk issues in the charity sector. I started my legal career at Freshfields, a large international firm, where I spent seven years helping clients with cross-border regulatory investigations and economic sanctions, for which I was awarded ‘Associate of the Year’ at the British Legal Awards 2011.
Outside the office, I will mostly be found in and around Cambridge with my young family – where I am also working to help local nursery schools secure their financial future, as Joint Chair of the Cambridge Nursery Federation.
I’d love to hear more about your charity or social venture – please contact me by either phone or email.
Professional bodies and associations
- Member of the Charity Law Association