I am an international employment lawyer providing practical solutions to your organisation’s people problems, wherever you operate across the globe – domestically, regionally or globally.
I spent 2 years on secondment to our office in Singapore, providing in time-zone regional HR and employment support to our multinational clients across the Asia Pacific Region (‘APAC’), advising in over 13 APAC jurisdictions. This gave me first-hand experience of servicing clients’ needs across different cultures, time zones and socio-political climates.
Operational legal support and HR risk management/compliance advice is largely dependent on the context in which it is provided and I take time to understand the cultural nuances of where I support clients to ensure that they are getting pragmatic, relevant and commercially-viable advice.
Now based in our London office, I specialise in international and domestic employment work, working with multinational businesses from a diverse range of sectors to resolve their employment and HR law issues across the globe. My experience includes:
- Cross jurisdiction workforce restructuring projects including relocation, redundancy and site closures.
- Advisory projects in multiple jurisdictions including projects relating to staff engagement options, employee rights/representation, data protection and conduct of background checks.
- Implementation of global employment documentation.
- International strategic HR support and project management of complex employment issues.
- China: Advising on mass redundancy and restructuring exercises across multiple sites and provinces, complicated senior exit strategy and implementing documentation/strategy for MNCs expansion into China.
- Hong Kong: Advising on team move and recruitment exercises, coordination of employment-related litigation.
- Thailand: Coordinating defence of employment-related litigation, advising on data protection/privacy issues.
- Singapore: Advising on employee misconduct, senior exit strategy and execution, employment-related claims, policies and handbooks, regional employment and expansion strategies and senior recruitment exercise between competitive businesses.
- Vietnam: Strategy for expansion into Vietnam and roll out of new employment documentation including employment agreement, employee handbook and associated policies.
- India: Documentation/strategy for expansion for a retail client into multiple states in India, advising on business-wide employee handbook to cover workmen and non-workmen and advising on employee misconduct.
- APAC regional: I also have experience resolving day to day HR and employment legal issues such as employee misconduct, complicated terminations and senior exits, staff engagement documentation and employment disputes across APAC, including in South Korea, Philippines, Taiwan, Indonesia, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
- Drafting and implementation of English employment documentation including employment contracts, consultancy agreements and settlement agreements.
- Advising on UK aspects of global HR and employment law projects, including collective consultation, redundancies and advisory projects.
- GDPR compliance and governance in relation to the processing of HR employment-related Personal Data, and drafting GDPR compliant documentation including Privacy Notices for staff, internal Data Protection Policies and external Privacy Notices.
Having trained at Taylor Vinters’ City office in London, I qualified into the Employment Team in the capital in September 2017. The insights gained from my training across the Corporate, Commercial Technology and Disputes teams at Taylor Vinters enables me to provide employment advice to you within the context of your organisation’s wider legal considerations.
Outside of the office, I’m generally found searching for a good coffee shop, restaurant or bar in a far flung corner of the world… or just around the corner from my home.