I am an approachable and enthusiastic lawyer with a calm, problem-solving attitude. I work exclusively with charity and social venture clients helping them with a range of commercial and strategic projects including governance, managing risk and contract management processes.
I bring a balance of commercial insight and regulatory know-how to my work with clients. My aim is to deliver pragmatic advice, always mindful of your wider strategic goals, using my experience of a wide range of commercial, charity and company law matters. I work with innovative organisations across the sector from social start-ups to large national and international charities. I am especially interested in developing purpose-led legal structures for social ventures and helping to manage the complex implications of such models for internal governance and funding relationships.
I have particular expertise in advising on:
- Complex governance and regulatory issues
- Charity fundraising, corporate sponsorship and grant funding arrangements
- Transactional matters such as incorporations and mergers
- Advising social enterprises on the adoption of profit with purpose governance structures
- The formation and registration of new charities and social enterprises, including those working internationally
- Developing and delivering bespoke in-house training for charities, social incubators and other non-profit organisations
I joined Taylor Vinters in 2011 and after completing my training contract at the firm, I qualified into the Charities team in 2013. Before joining Taylor Vinters, I studied Law at the University of Exeter and worked in the public sector at Natural England. Outside of work you will find me at home with my family, trying to keep my two young boys entertained (with varying degrees of success!)
I am a member of the Charity Law Association, including its Working Party on charitable Articles of Association helping create best-practice models for the sector.
I’d love to talk about your charity or social venture and how I can help you, so please do get in touch.