I am APAC Employment Counsel in the ONE international team, committed to delivering practical solutions to our multinational clients’ HR and employment issues across the world.
I am currently on secondment in Singapore where I focus on providing in-time zone support to our clients across the Asia-Pacific (“APAC“) region.
I understand that operating in a region as culturally and legally diverse as APAC can be challenging. My job is to help you manage and take control of your APAC workforce by providing access to reliable and consistent legal support whenever and wherever you need it.
I understand that there is no “one size fits all” when it comes to employment and labour law matters, particularly when considering the cultural and business nuances which exist when operating at a global level. I tailor my advice to meet the demands of the commercial world in which you operate and minimise business risks whilst still achieving your objectives.
Some examples of my experience across the APAC region include:
- China: advising on and drafting documentation for effecting the transfer of employees between companies as part of a demerger.
- India: advising on recruitment exercises and review of employee-engagement documentation.
- Japan: providing advice on exit strategies and potential risks, mitigation steps and likely severance costs.
- APAC regional: implementation of a bonus harmonisation exercise on a global basis including across several APAC jurisdictions (Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam).
So whether you’re running a multinational project which touches APAC, need support on day-to-day HR issues or are looking to implement changes in your APAC business – I can assist.
I joined Taylor Vinters in 2018 as a trainee after graduating from the University of Edinburgh with first class honours in French and Italian. I qualified into the ONE team in September 2020.
Outside of work, I enjoy taking shots on my film camera, with a particular focus on street photography.
Please do get in touch – I’d love to hear more about what you do. If you’re based in or passing through Singapore, I’d be delighted to arrange a chat in person!
Professional bodies and associations:
- Employment Lawyers Association