I am a Senior Associate in the Commercial and Technology team based in the London office, and regularly spend time in both our Cambridge and Oxford offices. I focus on providing pragmatic and commercially tailored advice to your complex legal issues. Much of my time is spent concentrating on two practice areas: (i) Complex IT Transactions (FinTech focus); and (ii) Life Sciences and Biotechnology.
I take a pragmatic approach to all matters and issues and strive to provide you with strategic advice which not only take into account what you want to achieve, but also my knowledge of the market and the developments which are specific to your company sector.
I joined Taylor Vinters in 2016 after studying Geography and heading back to my home city, Cambridge, to complete my law conversion. Two years after joining I qualified into the Commercial and Technology team in London in September 2018 and now specialise in complex IT arrangements and biotechnology exploitation.
I have a particular interest in assisting innovative companies and entrepreneurial teams looking to offer new and ground breaking products and services which go against the norm and utilise or create IP to solve real world problems. I have particular experience in the following:
Significant IT Transactions (FinTech)
- Working on international, multiple time zone financial technology software platform deals into a variety of financial institutions working on the unregulated supplier side into highly regulated institutions – including drafting and negotiating large banking platform software with Tier 1 Banks.
- Negotiating complex commercial agreements both on supplier and customer side – with a general trend of working on cloud software (SaaS and PaaS) deals.
- Advising on and creating complex commercial structures for innovative new products into the software marketplace.
Life Sciences and Biotechnology
- IP licences and commercialisation agreements (including royalty and milestone structures).
- Collaboration Agreements (both R&D and Joint Ventures).
- Spin outs from academia (including the associate start-up advice and the IP licence from the academic institution).
- Regulatory issues (both on medical devices, testing and research and consent structures for data protection concerns).
In my spare time, I am a competitive national league hockey player and golfer with a handicap of 0. When not filling my spare time with sport, you can find me in a good (dog friendly) coffee shop.