I lead Taylor Vinters’ privacy and data protection group, helping innovative and data-rich businesses collect and use data in a way that’s transparent, ethical and commercially successful.
How am I different to most lawyers? I’m passionate about all things technology and cybersecurity, and run a Microserver, VPN and multiple VLANs at home. Clients say this helps me understand the technology underpinning their systems better than most, and give experienced, practical and clear advice on privacy, cybersecurity and commercial issues. I also regularly deliver training on privacy and data protection, with a real focus on making the content accessible and actionable.
My recent experience includes:
- Completing a breached credentials compliance project for a cybersecurity client caching the Dark Net, whose technology protects airlines and household names
- Developing an email and social media marketing strategy for a national high street technology retailer with a group turnover in excess of £200m
- Advising a fraud prevention network on data residency and hosting structures with an annual transaction count in excess of 300m
- Designing a series of consent age gate challenges for a social network
- Advising life sciences companies on the anonymisation and commercialisation of clinical trial data
I hold the IAPP’s Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP/E) accreditation, and am regularly asked to speak at conferences and events on privacy, particularly where there is a privacy by design or commercialisation element involved.
In my spare time you can usually find me tinkering with a piece of technology, playing Netrunner, or out for a run.