As head of Taylor Vinters’ Commercial Real Estate team, I connect our UK and international clients with all the firm has to offer, as well as a wealth of contacts. This enables me to deliver the top quality advice needed to ensure property interests are aligned to business plans and strategies wherever they may be in the UK or world.
My focus is on supporting corporate and private clients in their approach to risk and making the property aspects of transactions work for them. I advise on the complex property aspects of business acquisitions and disposals, international expansion and restructuring, energy transactions, strategic investments, leases, sales and development projects. I am also a specialist in the very different issues raised by the property aspects of corporate transactions.
I read law at Kings College London and qualified as a solicitor in 1999. I gained a wealth of experience during many years at City law firm Slaughter and May, and joined the Commercial Real Estate team at Taylor Vinters as a Partner in 2012. I work from both our London and Cambridge office or anywhere a transaction may take me.
I am highly regarded by my clients for my positive commercial approach, responsiveness, creativity and deal-making ability at the cutting edge of the market. They have praised me for being “more helpful in 15 minutes than all other enquiries put together.” During my career, I have built a reputation for handling real estate transactions that need that extra commercial drive.
I apply my experience and expertise to areas such as (in no particular order):
- Acting for entrepreneurial clients on property investments, in particular buying, selling and leasing buildings or land using bespoke structures
- Acting for national and international businesses buying, selling, investing, growing and taking space in the UK or elsewhere in the world as part of strategic business plans or connected with corporate deals
- Acting for energy companies – securing and developing sites, and uniting national and international funders and investors with UK energy sector opportunities
- Acting for owners and occupiers of research, science and technology parks on their major development and investment work.
- Advising on flex space management agreements and leasing and occupier agreements.
- Being at the forefront of opportunities arising in prop tech and work tech
- Acting for landowners and developers on strategic developments and promotion agreements
- The acquisition, disposal and restructuring of property portfolios
- Secured financing and real estate finance.
I enjoy getting involved with providing strategic advice at the early stages of structuring complicated property transactions. These strategic insights mean I can then complete transactions thoroughly, effectively and as swiftly as possible. I am frequently endorsed by clients and in publications such as Legal 500, and regularly attend events to keep an eye out for the latest shifts in the sector.
On a personal note, since 2012 I have been a director of the National Centre for Writing, a literary organisation that promotes creative writing through pioneering and collaborative projects. I enjoy reading and collecting post-1960s spy and crime fiction in particular.
Please contact me for more information or an informal chat about how I and my team can be of assistance.
Professional bodies and associations
- British Property Federation
- City Property Association
- International Bar Association
- Regular attendee at MIPIM, EXPO Real and many other events