I am a proactive and dedicated lawyer focused on using my legal skills and wider experience to advise charities and profit generating businesses that pioneer innovative ways to tackle social needs.
My experience with charities and social ventures spans across the full life cycle, from start-up, to operations and to wind-up – helping our impact driven clients with:
- Integrating purpose – defining an organisation’s purpose and integrating it within the right legal structure;
- Digital transformation – providing specialist advice on technology contracts and blogging about emerging trends within the sector including voice assist tech and gaming for good;
- Governance – designing the governance framework for new projects and collaborations, advising on board responsibilities and restructuring;
- Regulatory and risk management – offering strategic management of internal and external investigations, including regulatory enquiries, serious incident reporting, data protection complaints and fundraising regulation; and
- Scaling – advising on new funding streams, university spin outs, seeking external investment and developing franchise models.
Alongside my work with impact driven clients, I lead virtual pop-ups with Taylor Vinters speaking to social entrepreneurs every week to explore their ideas and bring them to life.
I have also interviewed founders who are leading the way in developing technology for the public good – speaking with George Bevis and Jude Ower MBE during season 3 of The Founders Series.
As a trustee of a diabetic charity, and a champion of the Young Trustees Movement, I understand how a charity is governed and can relate to trustees and senior managers – and have blogged about key developments and opportunities within the sector.
One thing you probably didn’t know about me is that I’m teaching myself guitar. I’m nowhere near ready to join the TV band Dirty Rumour, but I’ve enjoyed pretending to be an indie rock star at home!
Please send me an email or book a free virtual pop up session if you’d like to chat with me about your charity or social venture.
Professional bodies and associations
- Charity Law Association
- ICSA – The Chartered Governance Institute
- Champion for the Young Trustees Movement