I am a proactive and dedicated lawyer who is passionate about impact, innovation, and early-stage social ventures.
My experience with charities and social ventures spans across the full life cycle, from start-up, to operations and to wind-up – helping our impact driven clients with:
- 01 // embedding purpose. Defining an organisation’s purpose and efficiently integrating it within the right legal structure;
- 02 // funding impact. Helping impact ventures (including university spin outs) fund and scale their impact through impact investment, licencing valuable IP, developing franchise models and other methods;
- 03 // digital transformation. Providing specialist advice on technology contracts and blogging about emerging trends within the sector including voice assist tech and gaming for good;
- 04 // governance. Designing the governance framework for new projects and collaborations, advising on board responsibilities and restructuring; and
- 05 // regulatory and risk management. Offering strategic management of internal and external investigations, including regulatory enquiries, serious incident reporting, data protection complaints and fundraising regulation.
Alongside my work helping our innovative and entrepreneurial clients to shape a better world, I lead ‘virtual pop-ups with Taylor Vinters’ speaking to social entrepreneurs every week to explore their ideas and bring them to life.
As a way to open source our experience and expertise, and contribute to the community, I have also contributed to our free Social Ventures Handbook – designed to guide social entrepreneurs through the key stages of setting up and running a social venture, from initial funding right through to maturity and sustainable delivery (download here).
During Season 3 and Season 4 of The Founders Series I interviewed George Bevis, Jude Ower MBE and Rick Mower – to explore what drives these positive disruptors and understand how their personal journey have shaped their impactful businesses.
One thing you probably didn’t know about me is that I’m regularly pounding the pavements in preparation for the Cambridge Half Marathon – raising funds for the charity Power2Inspire.
If you’d like to chat with me about your impact venture, social venture or charity, please get in touch by booking a free virtual pop up session.
Professional bodies and associations
- Charity Law Association
- ICSA – The Chartered Governance Institute