I have experience advising in the following areas across a number of industries (including for example, fashion, sport, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, travel and online payments): e-commerce and retail, consumer protection, digital media, marketing and advertising.
In particular I have experience in assisting retail clients with new product launches (including preparation of website terms and conditions, privacy policies and advising on marketing strategies from a legal perspective including prize promotions and competitions and use of social media platforms), refreshing and updating refund and returns policies.
I also regularly advise, review and negotiate a variety of general business to business commercial agreements (sale of goods, digital and professional services); cloud/ software subscriptions and on-premise deployment and IP licenses.
I actually started my career as a trainee at Taylor Vinters in 2015, before moving to a boutique commercial and technology firm when I was two years’ qualified. I gained more niche experience in the consumer protection and digital media sphere before returning as a Senior Associate in December 2021. It’s nice to come back to familiar territory and work with colleagues and clients both old and new!
- Drafting, reviewing and refreshing consumer facing terms such as:
– Online terms and conditions of sale, subscription terms and privacy policies
– Refund and returns policies
– Competition and prize promotion terms
- Website refreshing (including marketing opt ins) and reviewing template consent forms
- Advising and assisting on social media and digital marketing strategies including the use of influencers
- Providing business to business commercial law and contractual advice
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a range of commercial and technology agreements including:
– Sales of goods and services (including professional services) agreements,
– Framework agreements,
– Consultancy agreements, collaboration agreements,
– Software as a Service, cloud agreements and on-premise licensing.
I can help you navigate the landscape of consumer law and answer queries you may have – in particular I can help you with drafting T&Cs, and privacy policies if you are setting up a new consumer-facing website or assist in your marketing strategy (e.g. promotions, competitions, social media advertising) when launching a new product or service.
In my free time I like to swim with my local club and have competed at national and international level for some time. I particularly enjoy cold water and open water swimming and recently placed 3rd overall in the 10km Thames Marathon swim from Henley to Marlow. I am also a keen scuba diver and have dived all over the Caribbean and Mexico and am currently working to obtain my PADI Master Scuba Diver recognition.
I’d be happy to chat to you about how we can help you with any consumer-related queries. Please feel free to email me.