I am head of Taylor Vinters’ Farms and Landed Estates team.
I have a strong reputation for acting for international and institutional clients as well as private individuals and family businesses. I am known for dealing with all matters in a calm, pragmatic and timely fashion.
I qualified in 1998 and have been a partner in our Farms and Estates Team since 2007. I am consistently named by Spear’s Magazine as one of the leading landed estates lawyers in the UK and also rated as a leading individual in the Legal 500.
My specialist areas include:
- Freehold and leasehold matters affecting farms and estates, with a particular focus on complex high value transactions; for example, I recently acted for two international purchasers of UK farms
- Equine transactions; for example acting on the purchase of one of the largest training establishments in Newmarket for a top trainer
- Renewable energy options and leases; I have acted on numerous solar, wind and biomass projects
- Disposals of land to developers; a typical example is a recent substantial sale to a national house builder.
On a personal note, I enjoy playing cricket and golf, and also skiing and trekking. I recently teamed up with family members to take on various mountaineering challenges to raise over £50,000 for the Evelina Children’s hospital in London.
For advice about your next transaction and how you can benefit from one of the UK’s foremost Private Client practices, please contact me.
Professional bodies and associations
- Country Land and Business Association (former local committee member)
- Historic Houses Association
- Agricultural Law Association