Where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed, our fees will range from £1,200- £4,800 (including VAT) based on our hourly rates outlined below:
Partner/Consultant – £375 to £425 (£450 – £510 including VAT)
Associate – £270 to £275 (£324 – £330 including VAT)
If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Please note that the VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
Our fee includes the following key stages:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you
- If payment is not received, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Our fee does not include:
- Lengthy/complex correspondence, documentation and discussions
- Court/Insolvency proceedings
- Matters where enforcement action is needed to collect your debt.
No two claims are exactly the same and our fees will reflect the particular requirements of your claim. We will always give you an individual cost estimate at the start, taking into account the details of your claim.
Conditional fees are considered on a case by case basis. We will assess the viability of a case before agreeing to accept it. This assessment will likely take between one and four weeks. If we proceed with the claim on a conditional fee basis, you will need to pay the success fees.
Undisputed matters usually take between 14 days and six months from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment or agreement of a payment plan from the other party, which can vary greatly in its length and scope.
Our team has experience in delivering high quality work in all matters relating to debt recovery. The team has particular expertise in high value matters including those in the IT, pharmaceutical and alternative investment sectors.
We have eight members of the team who may work on your matter:
- Luke Hibbert, Partner
- Gareth Dickson, Partner
- Jessica Boxford, Senior Associate
- Beth Price, Senior Associate
- Jonathan Davies, Associate
- Jamie Short, Associate
- Alexandra Thornton-Reid, Associate
- Jake Jones, Trainee
Regardless of who works on your matter, they will be supervised by Luke Hibbert, Partner.
Click here to view the profiles of our Dispute Resolution team.