Protecting your business
Sometimes you have to go on the front foot to protect what’s important to you.
We operate in a fast moving competitive world, and without a considered strategy to protect what’s important to you, there is a risk of being caught out. That doesn’t mean simply protecting yourself against every eventuality. After all, business involves taking risk. What it does mean is looking at known risks with a critical eye, defining your risk appetite, considering your priorities and coming up with a practical and realistic plan.
For many of our clients their key assets are intellectual property. These assets have a relatively clear path to protection. For others it is less clear and we need to consider business models, corporate structures, management of information flows and people issues. Occasionally we need to be involved in litigation.
We can work with you to:
- Register and defend intellectual property rights in your products and brands
- Create and enforce restrictions on the use of your knowledge and customer information
- Create confidentiality arrangements with employees, partners and customers
- Protect your data and ensure it’s managed in accordance with your compliance obligations
- Manage disputes to a positive outcome
- Navigate the litigation process as a claimant or defendant
- Protect your reputation
- Create structures that ring fence and mitigate commercial risk
- Ensure your contractual relationships tackle the things that are important to you
- Train your people to spot and manage legal risk in their everyday working activities
Much of what we do is about anticipating risk, helping you manage that risk and making informed decisions where you need to.
For more information, please get in touch, or visit our pages below to find out how we can support you.