With the UK committed to a net zero goal by 2050 but energy demand on the rise, we understand the intricate challenges that lie ahead and are dedicated to helping you find innovative solutions that drive your renewable energy projects forward.
We actively work with the innovators and entrepreneurs at the forefront of the growing renewable energy sector to help shape a better world. We have over a decade of experience in clean energy, during which we have:
- made valuable connections;
- gained a wealth of industry knowledge;
- advised various clients (both landowners and developers) on the acquisition of land rights, property aspects of project funding, project disposals and/or collaboration arrangements; and
- acted on the sale of the UK’s largest-ever solar photovoltaic (PV) portfolio.
Around 80% of all buildings in scope for the Government’s net zero target date in 2050 are already standing today. This, paired with plans to increase the minimum energy performance rating of commercial properties from E to B by 2030, means landlords and tenants are both facing increasing pressure to retrofit their properties to improve efficiency and shift to greener sources of energy. Whether it is via the installation of roof-mounted solar panels, or battery energy storage systems (BESS), our insight into the risks and challenges involved enables us to provide you with the support and advice you need to make the most out of your freehold or leasehold property.
Our industry experts understand the technologies at the core of your renewable energy projects and have significant experience working on all sides of energy transactions for landowners, developers, landlords, and tenants.
Our areas of expertise:
- Onshore and offshore wind energy
- Solar power development (rooftop and ground-mounted schemes)
- Battery energy storage
- Decommissioning bonds
- Commercial real estate
- Renewables and project financing
- Grid connection
- Electric vehicle charging
- Acquisition and disposal of SPV structures
- Easements and substations
- Supply and offtake agreements
- Anaerobic digestion plants
- Biomass combined heat and power systems
- Commercial leasing (Landlord and Tenant)
If you’re working on a renewable energy project and require advice or support, please get in touch using the form below.