I am a Senior Associate in the Growth team and, as a bit of a technology geek with a keen interest in the latest innovation, I am passionate about assisting early-stage companies to achieve their potential.
Much more than a standard corporate and commercial lawyer, my ever-expanding knowledge of the early-stage sector allows me to specialise in a type of client rather than a particular area of law, and I regularly assist my clients across a broad range of corporate, investment, commercial and IP work.
My ultimate goal is to be a trusted extension of your team, allowing me to build a deep and lasting relationship with you, and share in your journey from a start-up to a successful business.
Growing up in a small village in Dorset, I headed north to study law at UEA before joining Taylor Vinters as a trainee in 2014. Two years later, I qualified into the Growth team on 1 September 2016.
I advise early-stage technology companies, their founders, and those who invest in them on a full range of corporate and commercial matters, including:
- Venture capital and equity investments;
- Employee incentive schemes – with a particular specialism in EMI share option schemes;
- Intellectual property licences, exploitation and protection;
- Corporate structuring, including shareholders’ agreement and articles of association;
- Non-disclosure agreements;
- Business-to-business supply contracts, particularly for software services; and
- Website terms and conditions and privacy policies.
The Growth team is the team for you if you are looking to develop and establish your company. My efficient and commercial approach, coupled with my knowledge and experience of the market and its trends, allows me to narrow down the scope of my advice to the key issues that will affect your company, allowing you both the time and freedom to concentrate on growing your business.
One thing you probably didn’t know about me is that my parents own an award-winning bakery in Corfe Castle, Dorset. Remarkably, a life growing up around cakes hasn’t left me the size of a sumo-wrestler, but it does make me rather popular in the office when I visit home and bring the baked-goods back!
Want to know more about how I can assist your business? Please feel free to get in touch.
Professional bodies and associations
I am a current board member of the East Anglia division of Byte Night, Action for Children’s biggest fundraising event.
I am also a member of the following:
- Cambridge Young Professionals Group;
- New IP Lawyers Network; and
- Free Press Zebras Football Club.