An effective leader, influencing others through a mix of strong vision, commitment to individuals and diplomacy. Matt excels in the following areas:
- Strategic thinking
- Operating at the edges of the envelope
- Searching for common ground to get things done
What others say about Matt:
- “Matt’s wide business experience, from the US to Singapore, shapes his thinking and allows him to bring an exceptionally broad range of ideas to the table.” – Mark Smith, LexisNexis.
- “Matt is a welcome addition to executive coaching, refreshing, challenging and empathetic.” – Moray McLaren, Iberian Legal.
- Clients quoted in Legal 500 say that he is “exceptional” and praise him for “an intuitive ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of business and technological knowledge.”
Examples of recent work:
- Successfully planning, launching and supporting the growth of the Taylor Vinters’ Singapore office
- Coaching the Managing Partner of a law firm in the Middle East and assisting with the development of a commercial and business development strategy for international expansion
- Advising a London-based international financial counterparty in the banking sector on major commercial agreements with US banks
Matt was part of the management team that won the 2011 and 2019 Managing Partners Forum award for ‘Best Strategic Leadership in a European Professional Services Firm’.
Three things you maybe didn’t know about Matt:
- He is a trained executive coach and supports lawyers, managing partners and senior in-house lawyers internationally
- He has been a qualified pilot for 20 years and is currently completing an air transport pilot’s licence to allow him to fly commercially
- He lectures on a European MBA course about the application of flight deck safety procedures to the boardroom