An effective leader, influencing others through a mix of strong vision, commitment to individuals and diplomacy. Matt excels in the following areas:
- Strategy development and law firm leadership
- An understanding of global affairs and international relations
- Consensus building through diplomacy, mediation and negotiation
What others say about Matt:
- “Matt’s wide business experience, from the US to Singapore, shapes his thinking and allows him to bring an exceptionally broad range of ideas to the table.” – Mark Smith, LexisNexis.
- “Matt is a welcome addition to executive coaching, refreshing, challenging and empathetic.” – Moray McLaren, Iberian Legal.
- Clients quoted in Legal 500 say that he is “exceptional” and praise him for “an intuitive ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of business and technological knowledge.”
Examples of recent work:
- Successfully planning, launching and supporting the growth of new international offices
- Coaching the Managing Partner of a law firm in the Middle East and assisting with the development of a commercial and business development strategy for international expansion
- Mediating a shareholder dispute in the aviation industry
Matt was part of the management team that won the 2011 and 2019 Managing Partners Forum award for ‘Best Strategic Leadership in a European Professional Services Firm’. He was identified by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s most innovative lawyers in 2019.
Three things you maybe didn’t know about Matt:
- He holds a commercial pilot’s licence and is a keen aviator
- He is an adjunct lecturer at the University of Cambridge law faculty teaching the “business of law” to Masters students
- He is a trained executive coach and supports lawyers, managing partners and senior in-house lawyers internationally