I’m an enthusiastic, approachable employment lawyer with extensive experience in dealing with both domestic and international employment issues.
I place my clients’ objectives at the heart of my advice to ensure that the service I provide is aligned to all relevant commercial concerns. Whether an issue is contentious or non-contentious, or related to matters in the UK or abroad, my response will always be pragmatic, commercial and timely.
The areas that I am passionate about and regularly involved with include:
- Advising on claims brought before the Employment Tribunal
- Resolving senior-level disputes, including advising on exit strategy and severance terms
- Data privacy matters, including advising organisations on how to achieve GDPR compliance and responding to Subject Access Requests
- Project-managing restructuring projects and reductions in force (both in the UK and cross-border)
- Advising on measures employers can use to reduce costs during an economic downturn
- Advising companies planning to set up operations in new international locations
- Providing day-to-day HR surgery advice
I will build a collaborative relationship with you, within which we work in partnership to find and implement pragmatic solutions to your people issues. I will seek to understand your key objectives and provide advice focused on those objectives and based on my commercial experience and in-depth understanding of the law.
Since qualifying in 2006 and before joining Taylor Vinters, I spent eight years working for a US firm dealing predominantly with international clients and working on matters that had a multi-jurisdictional angle. Taylor Vinters provides me with the opportunity to draw on this experience by working on similar cross-border matters, whilst at the same time working closely with domestic clients.
You may not know, but I was once set to break the world record for completing a marathon dressed as a fruit. Unfortunately, injury thwarted my attempt but the apple costume (I was due to run in New York – the Big Apple) is still available for anyone that wishes to give it a go.
I’d love to discuss how I can help your business with your global HR issues and projects and any employment related data protection issues. In particular, I can help your business achieve GDPR compliance with your HR/employment systems, processes and documentation. You may also wish to visit our GDPR HR/employment page, which includes a full list of the GDPR HR services we offer and is regularly updated with new articles to give you the latest insights.
If you want to know more about how I may help you, please contact me.
Professional bodies and associations
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)