I am an experienced and highly capable Associate in our Real Estate team based in Cambridge, offering expert professional support to clients in the farms and estates sector.
I advise on legal aspects to farming and land ownership, with a focus on the sale and acquisition of rural property. Since qualifying in 2013, I have extensive experience dealing with complex transactions on behalf of private landowners, as well as companies and institutional clients including charities. I have been instructed on several high value transactions involving farms and estates and equestrian properties.
I enjoy being part of our talented and highly regarded team, offering comprehensive and timely advice and services covering all aspects of property ownership.
I also work closely with my clients’ other professional advisors, such as land agents and accountants, to achieve the best results for their businesses and families. I find it particularly satisfying to build long-term relationships with clients and my fellow professional advisors, that help achieve successful outcomes.
I am a personable and pragmatic solicitor, providing comprehensive and pragmatic advice to my clients in helpful, straightforward language. I specialise in rural property with particular expertise in the following areas:
- Farm sales and purchases
- Equine training yard and stud farm sales and purchases; I acted on the sale of a world-famous Newmarket training yard
- First registration of farms and large country houses and estates
- Overage agreements and options for development land
- Sales and acquisitions of land for development
- Farm Business Tenancy Agreements including for the poultry industry
- Acting for charities on disposals and leases of land.
On a personal note, I support Ipswich Town FC and also a CAMRA member, supporting real ale and local pubs. I am a keen cricketer and fell walker and enjoy visits to the Lake District.
If you would like advice about a new transaction and find out how I can help your business, please contact me by either phone or email.
Professional Bodies and Associations
- Agricultural Law Association
- Country Land & Business Association