Whether your business is ambitious and growing, or is already a global enterprise, it is likely you will have to deal with employment and HR challenges along the way. The key question is how you view those challenges. We will help you manage legal risk in line with your business priorities and, where appropriate, use our expertise to help you drive commercial opportunity.
If you’re dynamic and innovative and want a positive attitude to managing risk, then we share the same philosophy. Our own business is entrepreneurial and fast growing, with extensive global connections, so the advice of our employment and HR lawyers is informed by real-life commercial experience as well as a real depth and breadth of legal expertise. We have strong experience in advising clients across a range of sectors, including life sciences, technology, media and retail.
You’ll benefit from our pragmatic, business-focussed legal advice on all of your HR issues, including:
- Change management and strategic projects – group-level restructuring, workforce reduction, TUPE, collective redundancies and union/works council issues.
- Disputes and litigation – Tribunal and High Court employment litigation, multi-party claims and boardroom disputes.
- Tricky people issues – employee relations, exit negotiations, grievances, director/senior-level hiring and firing, ill health, discrimination, diversity and equality issues.
- Risk management – contracts, confidentiality and business protections, restrictive covenants and team moves.
- Employee investment – motivating and retaining your talented people, incentive schemes, employee benefits, and bespoke training for managers.
- HR data protection and GDPR toolkit – achieve and maintain data protection and GDPR compliance for HR documents, systems and processes. To read more, please click here.
We know you don’t want to be overloaded with legal information; you need targeted and timely advice, with your commercial objectives at the forefront. We’ll work hard to understand your business and be proactive as well as reactive: anticipating new developments and ensuring you’re prepared for them, as well as providing clear recommendations tailored to your business needs – we do not sit on the fence. It’s how we form productive, collaborative partnerships with our clients, who tell us it feels like an in-house service.
By easing your employment and HR burden, our approach helps you focus on what you do best, so great things happen for you and your business.
The ONE Model – as well as providing our expertise in the UK, we are specialists in managing all HR issues for businesses across the world. Through our ONE international counsel model, we source expert local counsel across every jurisdiction, to offer a seamless international HR legal function – integrated as ONE service, with ONE primary advisor and ONE point of contact.