I am known for my straightforward approach to solving complex employment law issues.
If you are planning an outsourcing or restructuring project that may involve a TUPE transfer, redundancies or changes to employment terms, I provide practical advice in the context of your wider business objectives.
If you are faced with a sensitive grievance or disciplinary issue or senior level exit, I will provide you with clear guidance on achieving the best commercial outcome whilst managing legal, financial and reputational risk.
And if you become entangled in employment litigation, I will fight your corner. I am a calm, tactically astute litigator who will defend your interests and give you an accurate assessment of the merits of your case, without sitting on the fence.
I have significant experience in advising clients in a range of sectors including technology, pharmaceuticals, media and retail, with specific expertise in:
- managing difficult exits and non-compete issues relating to senior executives
- large-scale outsourcing and restructuring projects (including redundancy and TUPE issues)
- dealing with sensitive grievance, disciplinary and performance management issues;
- employment litigation in the High Court and Employment Tribunal
- innovative employment models, the gig economy and the Future World of Work
- international employment issues and multi-jurisdictional HR projects
- compliance with working time and holiday pay requirements
- training managers and HR on practical employment topics
- providing thought-leading commentary on employment law developments and reform
I will help you to manage difficult workplace issues and develop an effective HR strategy.
No matter how complex, unique or business critical your question might be, I will use my wealth of domestic and international employment experience to provide you with the right solution for your organisation.
I am focused on providing responsive, commercially valued input as a trusted business advisor, delivered in an approachable style without fuss or legal jargon.
I qualified in 2005 and following several years in a top-rated employment team at an international law firm, I joined Taylor Vinters in June 2013. The opportunity to work at an ambitious firm like Taylor Vinters with a clear focus on innovation excited me then and continues to do so now.
I have been a Partner since June 2015.
In my free time, I am a keen amateur snooker player – I captained England Universities several years ago and can still be found trying my luck in regional and national tournaments.
If you think I can help your organisation, I would welcome the opportunity to talk to you. Please contact me using any of the contact details above.
Professional bodies and associations
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Industrial Law Society